Saturday, April 19, 2014
Quotes - I love quotes with a capital L as you will know if you're a regular reader. So I took it to a different level. I asked my friends to write down what they think relates to us. Two words or a tome (was hoping for none of the latter!). Something original, or borrowed from a book or the bible. Funny or rude. You get the picture. I didn't tell them why, but I plan to cut big hearts out of card, write out their words and who wrote them, and hang them all over the venue :) Hence the reason for praying for no tomes LOL!
Friday, April 18, 2014
Gentleman Photographer. His portfolio looks professional and he's super-approachable.
- Charity shops and car boot fairs for some frames. Or ebay - got the most amazing huge frame, pick up only, for 99 pence - nobody else had bid on it because the picture was so cr*p - but we just took the picture out! Did check first it wasn't a Van Gogh!
- Poundshop for some props.
- We also bought a second hand photo printer for a tenner so peeps can print their photos straight away and display them.
- Tripod and remote control for my camera came to £15 - and which I can use again and again afterwards
- Lovely backdrop from AliExpress for £15 - again can share it around afterwards or sell it.
Thursday, April 17, 2014
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Nails - I really don't do false nails - with my hands mostly inking and sticking they tend to be pretty much abused. So I'm thinking a simple coat of nail polish. I have been recommended a set of false nails that aren't expensive and stay on quite well. But with my track record they'd be pinging off left, right and centre!
Napkin Rings - Very simple ones. Following the theme I plan to use strips of hessian and lace to tie the cutlery sets together :)
Think this is my third short post! Oh well, can't pull N's out of nothing - ooo, Nothing LOL!
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
Mood Book / Board/ Scrapbook - Somewhere to put your thoughts, ideas, cuttings from magazines, web addresses, contacts, etc. Just a cheap one from Poundland will work. Here are mine - one's all pretty, stamped and doodled in, the one that I've had on display throughout the A-Z. And the other's the day-to-day planner with all my scribblings and notes. The plan is at the end to transfer the notes into the pretty book, as well as all the A-Z posts - which should create one awesome memento of the lead-up to the do.
Monday, April 14, 2014
Saturday, April 12, 2014
Keepsake Box - Unless it's your first visit you'll know I am a crafter and a scrapbooker. Having somewhere - beautifully decorated to keep all the mementoes, photos, invites and replies, quote hearts, and other paraphernalia is so important to me :) Will add a photo once I have made it! Not top of my list at time of writing - 101 things need doing for the do itself!